Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slave to Desire



I’m standing with the distance between us and it seems so safe
But the thoughts in my head cause me so much grief
I want to get close, lose my inhibitions and see what comes.
But I cant take the chance to show you how I feel
Rejection is too much to bare if your heart is not there.
So I sit, idly by as the time, the hours, the days, the years move on.
I’m caught in a trap and all I do is look back at the would of’s the should of’s the could of’s

Staring down the hole of an empty bottle realizing regret is my only friend,
I cant shake free from its noose, the hold it has powers my every move.
My heart wants to speak the beautiful words I feel, but my head knows that wont help me heal.
The battle that rages within has become too much for me to hold in.
Knowing its wrong to feel so strong, I back down, turn away
I go back to the place where I know the only hurt I will feel is my own
Because in my dreams you love me, and in my dreams I can be safe
to feel for you what I wish I could for real.

How is it that you hurt me, but you don’t have a clue.
I'm just a slave to my desires, I wish they would come true.
Let me hide inside the lies I tell myself to make me believe
I make myself believe, but that may not be what I really need.
Searching for the answers inside my head the truth stands out amongst my lies.
Time to wake up, snap out of this mess, break free from your chains that bind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment